The 2023-2024 tax bills are currently being prepared and no information will be available until early to mid-December 2023. Please be advised that the tax bills are mailed out around the 2nd week of December. If you are the property owner and would like to be notified as soon as the tax bills become available, please sign up for email notifications on our website at https://tax.islipny.gov.
Please see the information below regarding the 2023-2024 tax year.
- Friday, December 22, 2023 in observance of Christmas Eve
- Monday, December 25, 2023 in observance of Christmas Day
- Monday, January 1, 2024 in observance of New Year’s Day
- Friday, December 29, 2023 in observance of New Year’s Eve – (8:30am – 12 noon)
- Wednesday, January 10, 2024 – (8:30am – 7:00pm)
- Friday, May 31, 2024 – (8:30am – 7:00pm)
***THE 2023-2024 TAX BILL WILL BE MAILED TO THE ADDRESS ON FILE ON OR ABOUT DECEMBER 11, 2023*** You will not receive a bill in December if your property taxes are escrowed through your financial institution.
|TAXES SUBMITTED||LATE PENALTY|
|December 1st – January 10th||No Penalty|
|After January 10th||1% Penalty|
|After February 10th||2% Penalty|
|After March 10th||3% Penalty|
|After April 10th||4% Penalty|
|May 11th to May 31st||5% Penalty|
- After May 31st, any taxes plus penalty and interest must be paid to the Suffolk County Comptroller’s office, located at 330 Center Drive Riverhead, NY 11901. (631) 852-3000.
*Taxes become a lien on December 1st of each year*