CLICK HERE to View Our New Adoption Procedures During COVID-19
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, our Animal Shelter adoption procedures have changed.
Our new procedures are as follows:
We thank everyone for their patience, understanding and support through this difficult time. Everyone stay safe and healthy!
- First view our animals on our facebook page under photos, on Petfinder.com or Adopt-A-Pet.com.
- When you email the application back to us, please list the dog/dogs name and tag number.
- Once the application is complete and we have all the proper paperwork, we will contact you to make an appointment to come see the animal.
- Appointments will be spread out so we don't have two families here at once.
- All introductions and meet-and-greets will be done outside.
Open to the Public: Monday thru Saturday, 9:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
The Islip Animal Shelter and Adopt-a-Pet Center is a shelter to stray or abandoned animals, as well as a temporary home to adoptable pets. Come visit and say hello to the many lovable animals sheltering at our center. From cats and dogs, to rabbits, hamsters and more, your new best friend is just a quick stop away. See the adoption links to the right hand side to find out more about how you can rescue an animal, or click on the buttons below.
The Shelter is located just off the Sunrise Highway South Service Road, just east of Brentwood Road, click HERE for directions.
The goal of the Islip Animal Shelter and Adopt-a-Pet Center is to maintain animal control measures needed to protect the health, safety, and welfare of Islip residents, and to bring animals in off the streets and get them healthy, happy and into homes. Our dedicated, compassionate staff of employees and volunteers facilitates this process. We encourage you to adopt and save the life of an adorable, loving animal. If you see a pet you are interested in, please contact us to find out additional information or to set up a meet and greet!
Trap/Neuter/Return (TNR) Program
Back to Department of Environmental Control