IMPORTANT NOTICE ON REOPENING *Click Here*
ENGINEERING DIVISION OPERATIONS
(Please check our department webpage for hours of operation)
DROP-OFF AND PICKUP
- If you are dropping off or picking up paperwork, you must check-in with security at the front door. At check-in, security will direct you to the Engineering office.
Upon arrival, if someone is already in the Engineering lobby, please wait in the hallway until they leave; however, if you have an appointment, please announce your arrival.
FOIL’s (REQUESTS FOR DOCUMENTS)
- FOIL requests should be submitted online with the Town Clerks Office. Visit islipny.gov/foil and complete the form online.
- Site inspections can be scheduled by calling 631-224-5360
- Engineering Inspectors do not hold office hours. If you need to speak to an inspector, please call 631-224-5360.
MEETINGS WITH SITE PLAN REVIEWERS
- All Meetings are by Appointment Only. Whenever possible, meetings will be done via video or phone conference.
- To request a meeting with a Site Plan Reviewer:
- For a specific application, please send an email to the Site Plan Reviewer of record detailing the items you would like to discuss. Please include some dates and times you are available to meet, allowing us time to research the concerns prior to the meeting.
- For speculative projects, please complete an Engineering Inquiry Form, providing as much detail as possible. The form can be found on our website at https://islipny.gov/community-and-services/documents/planning-development/engineering/1069-engineering-inquiry-form/file.
Once your inquiry has been reviewed, a member of the Engineering Division will contact you.
- If you have an inquiry for the Engineering Division, please complete an Engineering Inquiry Form providing as much detail as possible.
The form can be found on our website at https://islipny.gov/community-and-services/documents/planning-development/engineering/1069-engineering-inquiry-form/file
For basic inquiries, you may submit a completed Engineering Inquiry Form or call 631-224-5360.
The Division of Engineering and Contracts administers the processing of site plan applications, assuring that site plans conform to our Town Zoning Regulations and Subdivision and Land Development Regulations as well as State and County Regulations. In addition, this Division manages contracts for Grant and Capital Improvement Projects, demolition and board-up/clean-up resolutions, and other land and waterfront construction projects.
View Town of Islip Zoning Map
View All Engineering Division Documents A–Z
pdf De-watering Permit ApplicationPopular
Dewatering permits are required when it is not possible to contain pumped water on site during construction activities (i.e. foundation excavation in shallow groundwater areas, swimming pool installations/liner changes, etc.), or to register residential sump pumps having permanent discharges into the street or Town of Islip drainage systems.
pdf Easement ChecklistPopular
The attached documentation is required prior to Town Board acceptance of an easement when land is not being dedicated.
pdf Electronic Submittal Process – Engineering DivisionPopular
Step by step directions for filing Engineering Division applications electronically, including instructions on uploading documents.
pdf Engineering Inquiry FormPopular
pdf Generator Site Plan Requirements Popular
pdf Inspection Process – EngineeringPopular
General guideline for applicants and contractors in understanding the inspection process for issued permits
pdf Land Dedication ChecklistPopular
When a dedication of land is proposed to the Town of Islip (e.g.: road widening, recharge basin, conservation area, corner radius), the attached documentation is required prior to the Town Board acceptance of the dedication.
pdf Land Grading Permit Application Popular
pdf Major Subdivision ApplicationPopular
Subdivisions of land involving the creation of a road or more than 5 lots.
pdf Minor Subdivision ApplicationPopular
Subdivisions of land involving the creation of up to 5 lots on an existing street.
pdf Retaining Wall Requirements Popular
pdf Road Dedication ChecklistPopular
When a dedication is proposed to the Town of Islip for a new public road resulting from a subdivision or road opening, the attached documentation is required prior to the Town Board acceptance of the dedication.
pdf Road Opening ApplicationPopular
Creation of a new road or extension of an existing road.
pdf Site Plan ApplicationPopular
All commercial, industrial, institutional, and multi-family planned unit developments are required to obtain site plan approval for conformance with all Town of Islip Zoning Ordinance Standards and Land Development Regulations prior to the issuance of any permits.
pdf Site Work Only Permit Application and RequirementsPopular
Effective July, 2020, Site Work Only Permits will be issued by the Engineering Division.
pdf Subdivision and Land Development RegulationsPopular
The Subdivision and Land Development Regulations contains helpful information regarding the Subdivision, Site Plan and Land Clearing process including design submission and improvement standards. This 2019 Amendment includes updates to the appendices. If you have any questions, please give our Engineering Division a call at 631-224-5360.
|Planning & Development Divisions|
|Zoning Board of Appeals|