August 12th, 2019 – Beginning tomorrow, Tuesday, August 13 and continuing through Wednesday, August 14 the Long Island Rail Road (LIRR) will be performing urgent restoration work at the Brentwood Road grade crossing, Brentwood on the Mainline. Work is being performed as an ongoing initiative to renew track infrastructure assets and improve safety and on-time performance.Details for the work are as follows::
- Grade crossing restoration work is scheduled for Tuesday, August 13 and continuing through Wednesday, August 14
- Hours of operation are overnight 8:00PM Tuesday, August 13 through 3:30PM Wednesday, August 14
- There will be complete closure of Brentwood Road, Brentwood grade crossing for duration of restoration
- MTA police will be onsite to ensure a safe and orderly operation
- Noise resulting from this work may be audible to those nearby, we apologize in advance for the inconvenience.