October 15th, 2019 – On Thursday, October 17, the Long Island Rail Road (LIRR) will be paving the Brentwood Road grade crossing, Brentwood on the Mainline. Work is being performed as an ongoing initiative to renew track infrastructure assets and improve safety and on-time performance.
Details for the work are as follows:
- Grade crossing restoration work is scheduled for Thursday, October 17th
- Hours of operation are overnight 8:00PM Thursday, October 17th through 6:00AM Friday, October 18th
- There will be complete closure of Brentwood Road, Brentwood grade crossing
- MTA police will be onsite to ensure a safe and orderly operation
- Noise resulting from this work may be audible to those nearby, we apologize in advance for the inconvenience.
For more information, please visit www.mta.info/lirr