July 29th, 2019 – Beginning tomorrow, Wednesday, July 31 and continuing on Thursday, August 1 the LIRR will be replacing wood ties with concrete ties on Islip Ave (Rt. 111), Brentwood on the Mainline. This concrete tie replacement work is being performed as an ongoing initiative to renew track infrastructure assets and improve safety and on-time performance. Details for the work are as follows:
CONCRETE TIE REPLACEMENT WORK – BRENTWOOD
- Concrete tie replacement work is scheduled for Wednesday, July 31 and Thursday, August 1
- Hours of operation 9:30am – 3:30pm
- There will be temporary closures of on Islip Ave (Rt. 111), Brentwood grade crossing as the long equipment trains slowly move thru the work zone.
- MTA police will be onsite to ensure a safe and orderly operation.
- Noise resulting from this work may be audible to those nearby, as well as a noticeable increase of dust in the area.
For more information, please visit www.mta.info/lirr.