January 26th, 2021 – The Long Island Railroad has informed that this coming Tuesday the 26th, Wednesday the 27th and Thursday January 28th, LIRR service will be suspended from Babylon to Montauk in both directions due to Sperry Rail Testing. Please see the below for details.
SPERRY TESTING – BABYLON TO MONTAUK
- From approximately 10:30pm on Tuesday the 26th until 3:30am on Wednesday the 27th, and again from approximately 10:30pm on Wednesday the 27th until 3:30am on Thursday the 28th—29th, service from Babylon to Montauk in both directions due to Sperry Rail Testing.
- This will result in several cancelled trains. Buses will be provided to accommodate customers. Allow for approximately an hour and fifteen minutes of additional travel time due to this work.
- On Thursday Jan. 28 from approximately 10:30am to Friday Jan. 29 at 3:30am, service in both directions between Babylon and Montauk will also be suspended. Buses will be made available to accommodate customers.
- Part of Sperry testing involves catching defects in the rail, and when possible our crews will address these on site. As such, while the Sperry train itself does not cause much noise, any potential remedial work that is undertaken will, so there could be extra noise in the vicinity of the outage.
- Please see a full list of schedule changes here.
*Work is weather dependent, dates are subject to change to take advantage of favorable conditions
For more information, please visit www.mta.info/lirr.