- Move vehicles OFF roadways, so that plows and emergency vehicles can pass safely.
- Clear fire hydrants in your area.
- Remove ice and snow from steps, sidewalks and walkways.
- Keep cell phones and other electronic devices charged.
- Have a battery-operated radio and a flashlight ready in case of a power outage.
- When shoveling snow, dress warm in layers and avoid over-exertion.
- If you must drive, make sure your tires are properly inflated and windshield wipers are working properly.
- Keep your pets indoors.
- Check on elderly and infirm friends and neighbors.
- Listen to the local radio or television news for weather updates and emergency notifications.
- When using a generator, place it outdoors and follow all manufacturers’ safety precautions.
Residents should call 224-5600 to report snow related issues.
Call 911 for police, fire and ambulance emergencies only.
To report a power outage or downed wires, call PSEG-LI at 800-490-0075 or Text OUT to PSEGLI (773454), visit the PSEG-LI website at www.psegliny.com to file a report online.
Assume any downed wire is a live electric wire. Never touch a downed wire or anything that has come in contact with a wire. Keep others away.