March 6, 2023 – Islip Town Supervisor, Angie Carpenter and Councilman John M. Lorenzo visited Sayville High School recently to participate in the school’s scholar athlete recognition ceremony.
“Here in the Town of Islip, we have some of the finest schools that boast winning athletic programs and talented students. Each of these three teams are New York State Public High School Athletic Association Scholar Athlete Teams," said Islip Supervisor, Angie Carpenter.
"As you, your parents, teachers, and coaches know, it is no easy feat to both stay at the top of your studies and excel athletically, and each of you should be immensely proud of the accomplishments you’ve made. Well done to all!” said Supervisor Carpenter.
The following student athletes were recognizedThe Sayville Varsity Football Team.
- Under the direction of Head Coach, Reade Sands, and the dedicated Assistant coaches, Sayville Varsity Football held an impeccable 12-0 undefeated season. Their unmatched skill on the gridiron would see them named:
- Division III Champions;
- Division III Suffolk County Champions;
- as well as, Rutgers Trophy Champions
- Under Head Coach Debra Urso, and through teamwork and perseverance, the Varsity Girls' Volleyball would boast an impressive record of 20-1 overall, and go on to become:
- League VI Champions;
- as well as, Class A Suffolk County Champions.
- Led by head coach, Thomas Duffy, they ran their way to taking the:
- League VI Championship;
- Suffolk County Class B Championship;
- And secured victory, as Class B New York State Champions!
A special thanks to Sayville High School Athletic Director, Ryan Cox.